I am a music educator and performer :)
Emerging Music Education Methods
Director of Instrumental Music
Cajon High School
San Bernardino City Unified School District
2015 - present
Courses Taught: Chamber Orchestra, String Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Percussion, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, Marching Band, MYP Music, Guitar, Digital Music Production
Adjunct Duties: Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra, Modern Band
- From September 2015 to September 2017, doubled the number of performing musicians in the music program.
- During 2016-2017 school year, collaboratively mapped and designed district-wide curriculum for Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band.
- Delivered professional development at the district level to other secondary music teachers on technology in the music classroom and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Developed and implemented a popular music program in the 2022-2023 school year
- Designed and implemented curriculum for digital music production as part of a popular music program
- Designed and maintained music department website (cajonhsmusic.org) as the webmaster
- Supervised, developed budget and purchase orders, and coordinated logistics for the San Bernardino City Unified School District Drumline (SB Percussion) during the Winter 2016 season
Huntington Beach Academy of the Performing Arts
Huntington Beach Union High School District
- Coached piano students in collaborative, chamber music, and musical theater pit assignments.- Curated semester piano recitals.
- Arranged music for massed piano ensembles (~20 performers)
Piano/Music Theory Teacher
- Taught piano students ages 3 to adult utilizing the Faber & Faber method book series as a framework for beginning students.
- Performed in studio recitals.
Vice President of Membership,
San Bernardino County Music Educators Association
Province 22 Deputy Province Governor,
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America
California State University, Long Beach
2009-2015, 2016 - 2020
M.A. Music Education (Incomplete), 2016-2020
-Music in Film Noir with Roger Hickman
-Jazz Pedagogy and Jazz Arranging with Jeff Jarvis
-Body Mapping for the Performing Artist with Rena Urso
Single Subject Teaching Credential (Music), 2015
-Bob Cole Conservatory of Music Outstanding Music Education Student, 2015
B.M. Instrumental Music Education and Piano Performance, 2013
-Honor performances for semesterly Piano Showcase series
-Member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia